Email Address Update
With the Board’s transition to GSuite, please update your Board email address under Occasional Employees -> Occasional Preferences -> Edit Preferences.
Board email addresses now end in @wrdsb.ca. Changing your email address will ensure you do not miss any notifications from EasyConnect!
Be sure to keep your calendar updated with your unavailability. If you are in a long-term assignment, it is your responsibility to use the available features in EasyConnect to program your unavailability. If you do not do this, the system will continue to call you for daily occasional assignments.
Call Out Period
Monday to Friday – 5:30am until 1 hour before the start time of the assignment
Sunday to Saturday – 4:30pm to 10:00pm for future day assignments
Job Board – Posted 3 days before an assignment starts (ECE/EA/THR jobs are posted immediately)
Also, check at 6:00am for same day assignments
“Effective March 4, 2019, Occasional Staff will have the ability to cancel their own assignment in EasyConnect. You no longer have to contact the school administration and/or Human Resource services to cancel your accepted assignment. Once your assignment has been successfully cancelled, you will receive an email confirmation to the address listed in your ApplytoEducation profile.
If you require assistance with cancelling an assignment, please contact ApplytoEducation’s customer service team at 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 7:00pm).
Once you have accepted an assignment, you are expected to keep this assignment, barring illness, family illness, emergency, etc. You are not to cancel out of one assignment to accept another assignment. ” – HR
Fail to Fill Extensions
If you are available for a full day or half day assignment then you can call the Fail to Fill Line extension for your employee group after 6:30am Monday – Friday for the current day only. Only in the case of unfilled assignments will calls be returned.
When leaving your message, please leave your full name, employee number, the city you are located in, your qualifications and any relevant information. Ex. if you are working at a school for the morning only, please provide the school and their end time.
Elementary Occasional Fail to Fill line – ext 4245
Easy Connect Instructions – PDF Clickable
- The phone number for EasyConnect is 1-855-279-3279 and shows up on my phone as an American phone number. Will I be charged long distance?
- You will not be charged long distance. The EasyConnect phone number is a toll-free number. It is also the number you will use to call in and listen to available jobs. Remember the direct access code for our school board is 24.
- There was a Do Not Disturb feature on Subfinder so that I could stop the system from calling me during particular times. Is this feature available in EasyConnect?
- Unfortunately, this feature is not available in EasyConnect.
- What is the process for cancelling a job?
- More than 24 hours before the job begins: You must contact the administrator at the school where your job is scheduled. When you accept a job, you are sent a confirmation email. The administrators at the school are cc’d on that email.
- Within 24 hours of the job starting: You must contact the EasyConnect Operator at the board office. You can call at 519-570-0003 ext. 4292.
- Is there an Available Jobs tab? Can I still shop for Jobs?
- There is not an Available Jobs tab. The Job Board tab lists all jobs that are available within a 24 hour period. If you are called and offered a job, that job will then appear in your Job Archive list.
- Is there still a fail-to-fill line? There used to be a Subfinder Operator. Is there an EasyConnect Operator?
- The Fail-to-Fill line is currently still available. Please call 519-570-0003 ext. 4245. Messages can be left after 6:30am. Please speak clearly and leave your name, phone number, EIN, city you are located and any other pertinent information (ie. If you are booked in the morning but not the afternoon).
- The Subfinder Operator has now become the EasyConnect Operator. The Operator is available Monday to Friday from 6:00am – 1:30pm at 519-570-0003 ext. 4226. If you are calling outside of their regular hours, please leave a message.
- I’m already booked for a job but I can still see jobs for the same time. Why is the system offering me jobs when I am already booked?
- Jobs that appear on the Job Board are not being offered to you. This is simply just a listing of available jobs within a 24 hour period. The system will not allow you to accept 2 jobs that occur at the same time. If you click on one of these assignments, a message will appear at the bottom of your screen that reads
- “You have accepted another assignment during this timeframe.”
- “You are unavailable due to an event in your calendar during this timeframe.”
- When I receive a call/text/email for a job and I miss the call, will the job be held for me until I go into the system to accept or decline it?
- No, the job will not be held for you. If you do not accept the job/miss the call, the system will then call and offer the job to someone else. The job will still appear in your Job Archive list. You can accept the job from there is it has not been accepted by someone else.
- There are some schools that I don’t want to teach at. Can I prevent being offered jobs at those schools?
- Yes. When you log in to your Apply To Education account, click on the Occasional Employees Tab, then click Occasional Preferences. Click the Edit button beside Waterloo Region District School Board. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and unclick any schools that you do not want to teach at. Be sure to click save when you are done.