Visit Pension News for direct news from our Provincial body.
ETFO is offering Basic Joint Health and Safety Certification Training – Part one, for one female member of each Local. It is a three day programme – the days will be reimbursed as if they were Occasional Teaching days. The course involves 24 hours of instruction and a written test. It is provincially recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. It is a solid foundation of training on legal rights and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
We are fortunate to have this course offered here in Waterloo at the contract Teachers’ Office on Wabanaki Dr. in Kitchener. It will be held on May 22, 23 and 24.
Registration is through this office and must be sent by May 9, 2013.
Please contact Judy Cutts at 519-571-0222 if you are interested. This is an interesting and important course. Don’t wait to inquire! If there is considerable interest in this opportunity, we will hold a ‘lottery draw’ on May 8, 2013.
- AGM Dinner: Please contact the office – 519-571-0002 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place at our dinner following the Local AGM on May 14th.
- There is no cost to attend, but we do require a $20 deposit to hold your reservation. It will be returned upon attendance.
- Membership Development Fund (MDF) forms, applications, receipts and statements of successful completion are due right away! We can be a little lenient, but we do ask that you contact the office or the administrator, Violet Tilkov, through Waterworks, if you need an extension.
- As long as we receive the ‘Request Form’ for courses that will end in June we can honour those requests, but cannot do so unless you submit the form soon.
- The MDF for 2012-2013 supports activities and programmes that take place between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013. If you take a summer course, save the receipt for submission to next year’s MDF.
- Timmy’s Meet and Greet –
- Thurs. May 23, 2013 at Fischer-Hallman and University Ave. 3:45ish until 5:00ish • Next newsletter – on or about May 15th
ETFO Provincial is inviting applications to attend the Social Justice and Equity Conference for Men, May 3-4
Linked is the registration and more information regarding speakers and times.
The Waterloo Occasional Teachers Local- Equity and Social Justice Committee has decided to sponsor members that are successful in their application. Your registration fee of $25 will be fully reimbursed!
ETFO Provincial will cover your hotel room (at the Sheraton), your meals and even your travel!
If you are looking for an opportunity to get informed, get involved, and get to Toronto. Consider applying today.
Application deadline is Tuesday April 2nd
Equity and Social Justice Committee