MDF Subsidy applications are open for the January-March and April-June periods!
The Membership Development Fund (MDF) provides ETFO WROTL members with funding to support their Professional Learning:
- up to a maximum of $175 per member per year for an activity (such as an Additional Qualification (AQ) course or workshop).
- a resource subsidy of $50 per member per year is also available.
Not a huge amount – but every little bit helps!
The links below are valid only for courses completed and resources purchased between January 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021.
Applications for activities completed or resources purchased before December 31, 2020 are not being accepted at this time. If funding remains after June 1, an application form will be made available at that time.
To be eligible for OT MDF support you need to:
- have completed your probationary period with the WRDSB as an Occasional Teacher (10 full days), as of the end date of the course/activity/conference.
- Officers and members of ETFO WROTL are eligible to receive MDF support, as long as they are not part of the decision process.
- Applications for funding must be for courses/activities/conferences that are relevant to professional learning as it informs elementary classroom practice. Due to limited funding, we cannot support programs for personal growth, such as fitness classes, yoga, general interest courses, etc.
- professional development books, digital resources or membership fees that provide access to resources (excluding OCT Fees) that support their professional learning in an elementary classroom.
- NOTE: MDF support may not be applied to any OT coverage if you are on a Long Term (LTO) assignment. The release will need to be arranged with the school administrator if required.
- If you are concerned about the course/workshop eligibility please email: MDFAdministrator@etfowatots.ca
Please note that the executive approved some changes to how the monies are allocated throughout the year:
“Funds will be allocated throughout the school year in the following way:
One third of the monies will be allocated for any courses completed or resources purchased between July 1 and December 31. Applicants must have submitted all applicable paperwork by January 31.
One third of the monies will be allocated for any courses completed or resources purchased between January 1 and March 31. Applicants must have submitted all applicable paperwork by April 30.
One third of the monies will be allocated for any courses completed or resources purchased between April 1 and June 30. Applicants must have submitted all applicable paperwork by noon on the last day of school.
Funds will be distributed on a first come, first served basis until the budgeted amount is exhausted for each period.
If any monies remain from any period, those monies will be available to members in June that have not previously submitted an application in the same school year. Remaining monies will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.”
Call 519-571-0222 or email MDFAdministrator@etfowatots.ca