Members of this committee organize Professional Learning (PL) activities for the membership.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (Revised December 2018):
- a) The name of this ETFO-WROTL committee shall be the Professional Learning
- b) The name Professional Learning Committee shall appear once and hereafter shall be referred to as the
- a) The PL Committee shall consist of the first Vice President of the ETFO-WROTL Executive and a minimum of three (3) additional members or a number as approved and appointed by the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- b) The chair shall be appointed by the Executive.
- c) A secretary shall be appointed by the Committee.
- d) The ETFO – WROTL President or designate shall be an ex officio member.
- Function and Role:
- a) The Committee is responsible to and shall take direction from the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- b) The Committee shall prepare and present a proposed budget and program outline to be approved by the ETFO – WROTL Executive prior to implementation.
- c) It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to:
- i) record and distribute the minutes of the Committee meetings to members of the Committee and the President of ETFO – WROTL.
- ii) promote and encourage professional learning opportunities for the membership.
iii) develop members’ awareness of the local and provincial professional learning opportunities.
- iv) develop opportunities for members to share professional expertise through workshops.
- v) plan and co-ordinate the Federation P.D. day, if held.
- Duties of Members:
- a) The duties of the Committee chair shall include:
- i) meeting with the president or designate prior to September 30.
- ii) calling and chairing meetings of the Committee, as needed.
iii) reporting regularly, or as requested, to the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- iv) keeping records of the expenditures and receipts relative to the Committee, and maintaining the approved budget of the Committee.
- v) submitting receipts for payment of expenses, to cover expenditures incurred during the current fiscal year, to the ETFO – WROTL Treasurer by June 30.
- vi) handling Committee correspondence.
vii. attending the Budget Committee meeting, as requested.
- b) The duties of the secretary shall include:
- i) recording and distributing the minutes of the Committee meetings to the members.
- c) The duties of the Committee members shall include:
- i) attending the scheduled meetings of the Committee.
- ii) notifying the chair of the Committee if unable to attend a meeting.
iii) carrying out the functions as directed by the chair of the Committee.
- iv) recommending a Committee chair for the following school year to the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- v) selecting a secretary to record and distribute the minutes to the Committee and the ETFO – WROTL President.
- Procedures for Resignation:
- a) All resignations shall be by letter to the chair of the Committee who, in turn, shall forward the resignation to the ETFO – WROTL President.
- b) With the advice of the Committee chair, the ETFO – WROTL Executive will decide on the advisability of appointing a new member to fill this vacancy and to complete the term of office of the resigning member.