The purpose of Political Action Committee is to raise awareness and understanding about important issues in education, social justice, and the environment to members and the general public.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (Revised October 2019):
- a) The name of this ETFO-WROTL committee shall be the Political Action/ Public Relations Committee.
- b) The name, Political Action/ Public Relations, shall appear once and hereafter shall be referred to as the Committee.
- a) The Committee shall consist of the Communications’ Officer and a minimum of three (3) additional members or a number as approved and appointed by the ETFO-WROTL Executive.
- b) The chair shall be appointed by the Executive.
- c) A secretary shall be appointed by the Committee.
- d) The ETFO-WROTL President or designate shall be an ex officio member.
- Function and Role:
- a) The Committee is responsible to and shall take direction from the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- b) The Committee shall prepare and present a proposed budget and program outline to be approved by the ETFO – WROTL Executive prior to implementation.
- c) It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to:
- i) record and distribute the minutes of the Committee meetings to members of the Committee and the president of the ETFO-WROTL.
- ii) promote positive public relations within the membership.
iii) promote positive public relations within the community.
- iv) promote and advocate strategies for political action and public relations on behalf of members.
- Duties of Members:
- a) The duties of the Committee chair shall include:
- i) meeting with the president or designate prior to October 31.
- ii) calling and chairing meetings of the Committee, as needed.
iii) reporting regularly, or as requested, to the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- iv) keeping records of the expenditures and maintaining the approved budget of the Committee.
- v) submitting receipts for payment of expenses, to cover expenditures incurred during the current fiscal year, to the ETFO – WROTL Treasurer by June 30.
- vi) making an annual report to the general membership at the Local Annual Meeting.
vii) attending the budget committee, as requested.
viii) maintaining a record of the activities of the Committee.
- ix) attending meetings of the Waterloo Regional Labour Council (WRLC).
- b) The duties of the secretary shall include:
- i) recording and distributing minutes of all meetings of the Committee to the members of the committee.
- c) The duties of the Committee members shall include:
- i) attending the scheduled meetings of the Committee.
- ii) notifying the chair of the Committee if unable to attend a meeting.
iii) carrying out the functions as directed by the chair of the Committee.
- iv) recommending a Committee chair for the following school year to the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- Procedures for Resignation:
- a) All resignations shall be by letter to the chair of the Committee who, in turn, shall forward the resignation to the ETFO – WROTL President.
- b) With the advice of the Committee chair, the ETFO – WROTL Executive will decide on the advisability of appointing a new member to fill this vacancy and to complete the term of office of the resigning member.