The goal of the E&SJ committee is to deal with issues related to equity and social justice and to identify ways of promoting greater participation of members who belong to equity-seeking groups in all areas of ETFO.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (Revised December 2018):
- a) The name of this ETFO-WROTL committee shall be the Elementary Occasional Teachers’/Management Committee.
- b) The name Elementary Occasional Teachers’/Management Committee shall appear once and hereafter shall be referred to as the Committee.
- a) The Committee shall consist of the President/Chief Negotiator, the First Vice President and the secretary of the ETFO-WROTL Collective Bargaining Committee (CBC).
- b) The chair shall be the President/Chief Negotiator or designate of the ETFO-WROTL.
- c) The secretary of the Committee shall be the secretary of the ETFO – WROTL CBC.
- Function and Role:
- a) The Committee is responsible to and shall take direction from the ETFO-WROTL Executive with regard to issues pertaining to the Collective Agreement.
- b) The Committee shall meet once per month, or as needed, with the Manager of Human Resources who has responsibility for the Elementary Occasional Teachers, the assistant to this Manager, and other necessary Board personnel.
- c) It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to:
- i) record and distribute the minutes of the Committee meetings to members of the Committee.
- ii) present concerns regarding the Collective Agreement or any other issues of concern to members of the ETFO – WROT Local, as needed.
iii) report to the Local Executive and the CBC, following these meetings, the details that are appropriate to be shared.
- Duties of Members:
- a) The duties of the EOT/Management Committee chair shall include:
- i) developing an agenda, in consultation with the other members of the EOT/Management Committee or the Executive, prior to the meeting.
- ii) briefing the EOT/Management Committee members about particular issues prior to the EOT/Management Committee meetings, as needed.
iii) reporting regularly, or as requested, to the ETFO-WROTL Executive, and to the CBC, as needed.
- iv) keeping records of the expenditures and receipts relative to the EOT/Management Committee, and maintaining the approved budget of the Committee.
- v) submitting receipts for payment of expenses, to cover expenditures incurred during the current fiscal year, to the ETFO-WROTL Treasurer by May 15.
- vi) handling Committee correspondence.
- b) The duties of the EOT/Management Committee secretary shall include:
- i) attending the scheduled meetings of the Committee and recording the discussions held, including possible resolutions to issues.
- ii) submitting the Committee minutes electronically to the chair within one week of the meeting.
iii) notifying the chair of the Committee if unable to attend a meeting.
- iv) carrying out the functions as directed by the chair of the Committee.
- c) The duties of the First Vice President shall include:
- i) attending the scheduled meetings of the Committee
- ii) notifying the chair of the Committee if unable to attend a meeting.
iii) carrying out the functions as directed by the chair of the Committee.