Members of this committee annually review the Local Constitution and Bylaws.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (Revised December 2018):
- a) The name of this ETFO-WROTL committee shall be the Constitution and Bylaws Committee.
- b) The name Constitution and Bylaws Committee shall appear once and hereafter, shall be referred to as the Committee.
- a) The Committee shall consist of the Second Vice-President and a minimum of two (2) additional members or a number as approved and appointed by the ETFO-WROTL Executive.
- b) The chair shall be appointed by the Executive.
- c) A secretary shall be appointed by the Committee.
- d) The ETFO-WROTL President or designate shall be an ex officio member.
- Function and Role:
- a) The Committee is responsible to and shall take direction from the ETFO-WROTL Executive.
- b) The Committee shall prepare and present a proposed budget and the constitutional changes to be approved by the ETFO-WROTL Executive prior to implementation.
- c) It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to:
- i) record and distribute the minutes of the Committee meetings to the committee members.
- ii) annually review the Local Constitution and Bylaws and make recommendations to the Executive no later than thirty (30) days prior to the Local Annual Meeting or other general membership meeting.
iii) review the Operating Procedures biannually, or as needed.
- iv) review the Committees’ Terms of Reference, as needed.
- Duties of Members:
- a) The duties of the Committee chair shall include:
- i) meeting with the president or designate prior to October 31.
- ii) calling and chairing meetings of the Committee, as needed.
iii) keeping minutes of the Committee meetings.
- iv) reporting regularly, or as requested, to the ETFO-WROTL Executive.
- v) keeping records of expenditures and maintaining the approved budget of the Committee.
- vi) submitting receipts for payment of expenses, to cover the expenditures incurred during the current fiscal year, to the ETFO-WROTL Treasurer by June 30.
vii) attending the budget meeting, if requested.
viii) maintaining records of the Committee activities.
- ix) presenting an annual report to the general membership at the Local Annual Meeting and presenting a report at any general membership meeting, if required.
- b) The duties of the secretary shall include:
- i) recording the minutes of the Committee meetings and distributing them to the Committee members.
- c) The duties of the Committee members shall include:
- i) attending the scheduled meetings of the Committee.
- ii) notifying the chair of the Committee, if unable to attend a meeting.
iii) carrying out the functions as directed by the chair of the Committee.
- iv) recommending a Committee chair for the following school year to the WROTL executive.
- v) appointing a secretary to record and distribute the minutes to the members of the committee and the ETFO-WROTL President.
- Procedures for Resignation:
- a) All resignations shall be in writing to the chair of the Committee who, in turn, shall forward the resignation to the ETFO-WROTL President.
- b) With the advice of the Committee chair, the ETFO-WROTL Executive will decide on the advisability of appointing a new member to fill this vacancy and to complete the term of office of the resigning member.