The PL Committee invites you to our next Drop-In Event! Drop by the office (130 Highland Road East) Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 4:30 pm. The topic for this Drop-In will be report card comments.
Bring some comments to share or bring some questions!
Feel free to also drop in if you have questions about anything else.
A light snack will be provided.
This workshop is designed to provide teachers with information and knowledge about student mental health and strategies to use with student experiencing mental health difficulties. This workshop will include the free resource entitled “Supporting Minds”
- When: Thursday April 9, 2015
- Time: 4:30pm to 7:00pm
- Where: OT Office – 130 Highland Road East Kitchener.
Extra parking is available behind the building or across the “kitty corner”
A dinner will be provided. Dependent care subsidy available upon request.
For registration, please go to https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/student-mental-health-workshop-tickets-16437867103
-Equity and Social Justice Committee
Alpha Textbooks short story contest is open to middle and high school students Ontario. This year, they are awarding two first prizes of an iPad mini, for middle and high school students: one for middle school entrants, the other for high school entrants. Honourable mentions will be given to students who come in second and third place. The contest will run September through October 2014. Judging will take place during the first two weeks of November and prizes will be awarded late November. http://www.alphashortstorycontest.com/#!about-the-contest/cotb
Interesting in judging? Call For Teachers – Alpha Short Story Contest 2014
Alpha Textbooks is currently looking for teachers who will help out as story judges. They will split up the stories so that the reading load is considerate of a teacher’s schedule. You will be asked to rank your favourite 3 stories from your list. The selected stories, by each judge, will make the shortlist, from which the winner will be collectively chosen. All stories will be submitted to you without the author’s name on the manuscript, to ensure fair judging. Stories will be 500-750 words, max. If you participate, they would like to promote your participation on the contest website. They are looking for five judges, whom they hope to thank with a small gift of store credit, to use on any products you wish.
For more information or to sign up, contact me, Cris Costa. Check out the contest website at www.alphashortstorycontest.com.
Useful Links and Documents
- ES-085: 2013-14 Alternative Program Report Card Expectations and Template
- ES-095: 2013-14 Alternative Program Report Card Update ),
- WRDSB Alternative Program Report Card Comment Exemplars
- WRDSB Alternative Program Report Card Comment Framework
- Learning Skills
- Report Card Learning Skill Comment examples
- Suggestions for Working in TWEA on Home Computers
- Progress Report Card Framework final
- Elementary Reporting Timelines 2013-2014
- Sample Math report card comments
- KCDSB Sample Report Card Comments from Curriculum
- IEP Writer / Support 4 Students Link
Some teachers are experiencing an issue with the SAVE button being “greyed out” while working in TWEA. This issue is consistent with computers that are using IE10 as the internet browser.
Page 3 in the Suggestions for Working in TWEA on Home Computers document provides a web link to work in compatibility view in IE 10 which improves the functionality of TWEA. This documentation is located in the TWEA Support Conference in the Document & FAQ’s in Waterworks. To check the Internet Explorer version on your computer follow these steps:
Launch Internet Explorer
Click on Help located on the toolbar.
Choose About Internet Explorer.
A window will pop-up and display the version of Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Elementary Report Card Overview
- Elementary Report Card Timelines
- Growing for Success Compliance Report
- Report Card Tracking – Printing, Distributing & Proofreading
- Report Card Signatures
- Ordering Report Card Envelopes
- Assessment & Evaluation Reporting