Charity work is one of the pillars of community engagement; the other is social justice activism. ETFO members are already involved in community work of all kinds.
This conference is for women members who are active in their communities, particularly women’s communities, and want to take the step from charity to justice. Participants will focus on the connections between the labour movement and social justice movements
- May 24 (eve) and May 26, 2016
- ETFO Provincial Office
- 136 Isabella Street, Toronto
For more information or to register visit the ETFO EMS page here.
You are invited to an all member meeting.
The tentative agreement will be shared with members and we will vote on accepting the agreement. If the Local Collective Agreement is put into place it will also activate the Central Agreement.
Join your Local Exectuive and Provincial Staff Officer for this in person meeting. Have your voice heard and vote!
- When: Thursday February 25, 2016
- Time: 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Where: WROTL Office (130 Highland Rd East, Kitchener)
Please RSVP: https://ratificationvote2016.eventbrite.ca
Snacks will be provided.
Dependent care subsidy available upon request.
Extra parking is available across the street at the Big Bear Plaza.
Your union and OTIP have come together to offer you up to 50% off your home insurance when you also purchase your car insurance through OTIP.
Don’t miss this exclusive offer for education employees!
Call OTIP today at 1-800-267-6847
Did you know?
Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan specializes in providing insurance solutions and special group rates for Ontario’s education community, offering auto, home and life insurance, as well as retiree health, dental and travel benefits.
Qualifications & Eligibility
Who is eligible?
- All Ontario education employees who purchase a new* home and auto insurance policy with OTIP.
- Members with an OTIP home insurance policy who purchase a new* auto insurance policy with OTIP.
- Members with an OTIP auto insurance policy who purchase a new* home insurance policy with OTIP.
What are the qualifications to receive up to 50% off home insurance?
- You must be an Ontario education employee, who resides in Ontario. (This includes teachers, principals, EAs, ECEs, admin staff, custodians, etc.)
- You must insure BOTH your home and auto with OTIP.
- Only applicable to policies underwritten by Traders General Insurance (Aviva Canada Inc.)
- This discount is based on individualized rating specific to each individual and has many variables that determine the property premium. You could be eligible for savings up to 50% but the degree of discount will vary depending on the individual.
How long will I get the discount?
- This discount is a one-time offer that will be applied to your annual home insurance premium during the first year.
- After the first year, if you renew both your home and auto policies, you will receive a 10% multi-line discount on your home policy and a 10% multi-line discount on your automobile policy.
*Member’s first-time purchase of this type of policy.
The local can prepare resolutions for the ETFO Annual General Meeting and make recommendations to the Executive by January 31 in order to present them to the general membership. Resolutions to the Federation Annual General Meeting shall be passed at a Local general meeting to be held prior to March 1. P
lease do not hesitate to submit suggestions to the local office. Below are a couple examples of motions that passed this summer at the annual meeting.
Resolutions can affect policy, the constitution, bylaws, or could simply be action items:
K. Pedersen (Upper Grand Teacher Local)/J. Sales (Upper Grand Teacher Local) That Policy Statements, 52.0, Ontario College of Teachers, be amended by the addition of a new section to read: “1.0 That ETFO declare its opposition to any Ontario College of Teachers fee increase.”
J. Bass (Elementary Teachers of Toronto Local)/L. Gale (Elementary Teachers of Toronto Local That ETFO, through OTF, lobby the Ministry of Education to affirm, uphold and strengthen the local governance and democratic structure of district school boards and school trustees.
As part of the 2014-2017 ETFO Central Agreements a number of committees will be formed with OPSBA, the Council of Trustees Association (CTA), and representatives of the government to study various important issues impacting our members.
ETFO Provincial Executive has approved the formation of five workgroups to support the work that will occur at these committee tables over the next few months. They are seeking four (4) members at large to provide input in each of the following workgroups:
- Full-day Kindergarten,
- Designated Early Childhood Educators,
- Special Education, and
- Class Size, Grades 4-8.
For information regarding the mandate and scope of each committee, please refer to the ETFO Central Agreements for Teachers/Occasional Teachers and Education Support Workers.
The application form is available in both PDF and Word formats.
The deadline for applying is January 15, 2016
The ETFO awards program recognizes distinguished academic achievements, and outstanding contributions to education and the federation by its members and others. Over one hundred thousand dollars is distributed annually to member and community groups through the Awards Program.
AWARDS DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 1ST: for more information see Awards & Scholarships
The special honours and awards are administered by the Awards Committee on behalf of ETFO and its members.
For additional information, please contact Evelyn McGrogan, firstname.lastname@example.org at the ETFO provincial office at 416-962-3836 or 1-888-838-3836.
Collective Bargaining Information Night
Questions about the Provincial Tentative Agreement?
Come and join us for an in-person overview of the highlights. An opportunity to ask questions will also be provided. We will have copies of the Tentative Agreement on hand, as well as our very own local preliminary submission that was presented to the board,
- When: Wednesday November 11, 2015 (Today!)
- Time: 4:30pm to 5:30pm
- Where: 130 Highland Road East, Kitchener
- Registration: Click here.
(Registration helps us better prepare for the evening, but feel free to “drop in”)
A light snack will be provided. Dependent care subsidy available upon request.
Please note that there is extra parking diagonally across the street at the “Big Bear” Convenience Plaza.
TENTATIVE AGREEMENT: ONLINE RATIFICATION VOTE
- Began: Sunday, November 9 – noon
- Ends: Thursday, November 12 – midnight
- The vote is now open. The voting website is at: www.intvoting.com/ETFO
Need help to vote? Call the Help Desk at 1-877-869-8233.
VIDEO MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT HAMMOND REGARDING THE TENTATIVE AGREEMENT