ETFO’S Summer Academy 2016 is here!! Registration is now open. This year we have over 80 courses available with a special focus on Kindergarten, mathematics, and technology.
Each course includes many practical, classroom-ready strategies and time to collaborate and network with colleagues.
The member registration fee of $75 includes three full days of learning, collaborating and networking with colleagues. The fee provides you with lunch on site each day as well as a wide variety of useful handouts to support your planning for the fall. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. These three-day professional learning courses are offered in partnership between locals and the provincial office throughout July and August. The Summer Academy registration site includes course descriptions and information about dates, times, and locations across the province. These practical and dynamic courses fill up very quickly!
The following courses will be offered in Waterloo:
See the link below to the Summer Academy 2016 registration site:
Making Math Happen is a new, full-day ETFO provincial workshop for daily occasional teachers.
The workshop provides occasional teacher locals an opportunity to access effective instructional strategies and mathematical activities for daily occasional teacher members. Members will be released for the day and will receive practical; classroom tested professional learning as well as networking opportunities with other occasional teachers.
Release time for this workshop will be provided and is limited to 20 participants. Lunch will be provided.
Extra parking is available at the Big Bear Plaza across the street.
- When: Monday May 2, 2016
- Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Where: WROTL Office (130 Highland Rd, East)
- Registration will open Wednesday April 20, 2016 at 4:30pm!
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Increase member confidence in teaching mathematics;
- Explore effective instructional and assessment mathematics strategies;
- Assist in the development of predictable classroom and instructional routines; and
- Provide hands-on materials and strategies that can be used in mathematics lessons across all grade levels.
The PL Committee is PLeased to Present…
The 5th Annual Carousel of Workshops
Grand River Collegiate Institute
175 Indian Road, Kitchener
Parking is available in the student parking lot just off Indian Road
Anyone in an LTO at the time of the Carousel will be required to attend for at least half the day. The other half of the day may be used for self-directed assessment, evaluation and planning (in your classroom or at school).
- Choice of which half of the day you attend will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Daily Occasional Teachers are also invited to attend.
- Lunch will be provided to anyone that is attending for the entire day.
- Click here for information about the workshops that will be offered.
- Upon arrival at the school, please proceed to the Cafeteria for Regitration
Schedule of the Day:
- 8:00am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:20am: Opening Address
- 8:30am: Workshop #1
- 10:00am: Break
- 10:15am: Workshop #2
- 11:45am: Lunch/Afternoon Registration
- 12:15pm: Workshop #3
- 1:45pm: Break
- 2:00pm: Workshop #4
- 3:30pm: Adjournment
To register click: http://carousel2016.eventbrite.ca
Registration closes April 17 at midnight.
Questions about this event? Please contact our office at 519-571-0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
They are giving a workshop next week in Kitchener on using design thinking and a problem solving approach to engage students. This was referred to me by a teacher friend:
The PL Committee invites you to our next Drop-In Event! Drop by the office (130 Highland Road East) Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 4:30 pm. The topic for this Drop-In will be report card comments.
Bring some comments to share or bring some questions!
Feel free to also drop in if you have questions about anything else.
A light snack will be provided.