The purpose of the social committee is to create events that bring members together in a social setting.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (Revised December 2018):
- Name: a) The name of the committee shall be the ETFO – Waterloo Region Occasional Teachers’ Local (ETFO – WROTL) Social Committee. b) The name Social Committee shall appear once and hereafter, shall be referred to as the Committee.
- The Committee shall consist of an ETFO – WROTL Executive member and a minimum of three (3) additional members or a number as approved and appointed by the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- The chair shall be appointed by the Executive.
- A secretary shall be appointed by the Committee.
- d) The ETFO – WROTL President or designate shall be an ex officio member.
- Function and Role:
- The Committee is responsible to and shall take direction from the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- The Committee shall prepare and present a proposed budget and program outline to the ETFO – WROTL Executive prior to implementation.
- The purpose of the Committee shall be to plan social events for the general membership of the ETFO – WROTL.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to record and distribute the minutes of the Committee meetings to members of the Committee.
- Duties of Members:
- The duties of the Committee chair shall include:
- meeting with the President or designate prior to October 31.
- calling and chairing meetings of the Committee, as needed.
iii. reporting regularly, or as requested, to the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- keeping records of the expenditures and maintaining the approved budget of the Committee.
- submitting receipts for payment of expenses to cover expenditures incurred during the current fiscal year to the ETFO – WROTL Treasurer by June 30.
- making a report to the general membership at the Local Annual Meeting or other General Membership meetings.
vii. attending the Budget Committee, as requested.
viii. maintaining a record of the activities of the Committee.
- The duties of the secretary shall include:
- recording and distributing minutes of all meetings of the Committee to the members of the Committee.
- The duties of the Committee members shall include:
- attending the scheduled meetings of the Committee.
- Notifying the chair of the Committee if unable to attend a meeting.
- Carrying out the functions as directed by the chair of the Committee.
- Recommending a Committee chair for the following school year to the ETFO – WROTL Executive.
- Procedures for Resignation:
- All resignations shall be in writing to the chair of the Committee who, in turn, shall forward the resignation to the ETFO – WROTL President.
- With the advice of the Committee chair, the ETFO – WROTL Executive will decide on the advisability of appointing a new member to fill this vacancy and to complete the term of office of the resigning member.