PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGES FOR THE JUNE ROUND OF CONTRACT AND LTO POSTINGS
- June 9th External Contracts & LTO Postings Open
- June 15th External Contract Posting Closes (4:30pm)
- June 20-22 Central Placement Contracts/LTOs
- June 29 Applicants will be notified, by the end of the day, to which Contract/LTO they have been placed in (for central placements only)
- August 15th Remaining LTOs Posted with interviews (closing August 19th
Please read the following carefully:
- The June 9th posting will consist of all contract positions as well as LTOs of significance (Full year/full time LTO’s as well as LTO’s of 0.6 FTE or greater that are both full and partial school year) and will be posted only to those who are currently on the LTO List.
- As requested by the local, the board will provide an updated LTO list that has been cross-referenced by seniority and experience.
- Principals will interview for Specialty Contract & Specialty LTO positions (French Immersion & Congregated Spec Ed). The Contracts and Full Year/Full Time LTOs that are not specialty positions will be centrally placed by Human Resources, based on Seniority of applicants from the LTO list in accordance with Regulation 274.
- Through discussions between the local and HR, OTs will be able to provide preference to the board. A short survery will be emailed to your waterworks email account (from Brian Driver). Please have this survey filled out by the closing date of the LTO postings (June 15th).
- Please note that there is a possibility of an OT on the LTO list being successful to an LTO specialty position and, being eligible for a contract they have also applied to. The Board will not stand in the way of someone being successful to a contract position, and therefore if an Occasional Teacher from the LTO list accepts a full year LTO Specialty position and also applies to Contract postings, and based on seniority is successful to a contract position they will allow the Occasional Teacher to abandon the LTO position for the contract. Should this happen, they will re-post the specialty LTO position in a subsequent posting in August .
- In the event the first posting does not deplete the LTO list the second postings will be open to both LTO List and OT Roster Occasional Teachers with the understanding that the Occasional Teachers on the LTO List will receive preference to the position in accordance with Regulation 274. Similar to last year it is the expectation that qualified applicants will accept a position for which they have applied to. Once an Occasional Teacher has accepted a Long Term Assignment they may not abandon one Long Term Occasional assignment for another, even if it results in an increase in FTE.
To see the LTO List in order of seniority (including experience) click here.