Making Math Happen is a new, full-day ETFO provincial workshop for daily occasional teachers.
The workshop provides occasional teacher locals an opportunity to access effective instructional strategies and mathematical activities for daily occasional teacher members. Members will be released for the day and will receive practical; classroom tested professional learning as well as networking opportunities with other occasional teachers.
Release time for this workshop will be provided and is limited to 20 participants. Lunch will be provided.
Extra parking is available at the Big Bear Plaza across the street.
- When: Monday May 2, 2016
- Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Where: WROTL Office (130 Highland Rd, East)
- Registration will open Wednesday April 20, 2016 at 4:30pm!
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Increase member confidence in teaching mathematics;
- Explore effective instructional and assessment mathematics strategies;
- Assist in the development of predictable classroom and instructional routines; and
- Provide hands-on materials and strategies that can be used in mathematics lessons across all grade levels.