The Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation, is offering financial assistance to teachers wishing to take additional qualification courses. Teachers can apply for a subsidy of up to $450 for each approved course taken in Mathematics or Technology.
This subsidy applies to courses completed on or after February 1, 2016.
The subsidized mathematics courses are:
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist
- Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8
- Mathematics, Intermediate/Senior (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Honours Specialist
- Any undergraduate mathematics course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above
The subsidized technology courses are:
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist
- Teaching and Learning through e-Learning
For more information, go to the OTF website
This subsidy can be paired with our own Membership development funds.
Along with OTF, the Waterloo Region District School Board is also offering subsidies for Math AQ’s:
- Teachers who have registered for a Mathematics AQ, ABQ or undergraduate AQ pre-requisite course are entitled to a subsidy of $450 from The Ministry of Education.
- The WRDSB is prepared to pay the remainder of the course fee. In order to receive this subsidy, a teacher must have paid for, and successfully completed, the course.
- The subsidy is then accessed through a request for reimbursement in the following way:
- Teachers who registered for a mathematics AQ, ABQ or undergraduate AQ pre-requisite course that commenced after September 1, 2015.
For more information about this subsidy click here or see the system memo in WaterWorks.