- Just a reminder to all members that under our Collective Agreement, we must complete 10 occurrences of Occasional Teaching before June 15 in order to stay on the list for the next year.
- These are counted by job numbers, so a half-day assignment counts as one occurrence and a full day assignment counts as one occurrence, as well.
- Failure to complete the required occurrences will result in members receiving a letter from HR before June 30 telling them they will be removed from the Occasional Teachers’ list (now known as the roster).
- There is an appeal process available, but the Board is quite firm about this expectation. We are currently in discussion with the Board to clarify he expectation for members who return from a leave part-way through the year.
- If this is your situation and it appears that you will not have completed the 10-occurrence requirement before June 15, please contact this office.
- Also under our Collective Agreement, if a member wants to apply for a full-year Leave of Absence, s/he must complete the 10 occurrence requirement in the year in which s/he applies.
- So, if, for instance, you want to teach in Hong Kong next year, you must have completed 10 occurrences this year, AND you must apply for a leave before the next year begins.
- If you know your plans, I suggest that you apply for a leave a.s.a.p. – before the end of June, if possible. If you try and apply once next year begins, you will be expected to complete the 10 occurrences before you will be granted a leave.
Keep in mind that we haven’t met with the Board to discuss Local issues that might affect our Collective Agreement – some of these items may change – stay posted!!