Starting in September 2013 we will be launching the Web Based version of SubFinder to all Occasional Teachers.
Attached to this email is a User Guide and a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) sheet to assist you. When you log into the Web Based version of SubFinder. I recommend you watch the short video tutorial. It is not mandatory that you use the web based product. The phone option will always remain available to everyone.
- The web address for SubFinder is: [ https://subfinder.wrdsb.on.ca
- Your User Name is your last name (not case sensitive)
- Your Password is your PIN (EIN+last 3 digits of your SIN)
- http://www.etfowatots.ca/userContent/documents/5.10 Substitute SubFinder Internet Guide.pdf
1. Subfinder will call until 60 minutes before the start time of any assignment. It starts this calling when it receives notification of a position. So, if it knows there is a position at 7:00 p.m. the night before a job is available, that job will go into the call rotation and go out until the system stops calling at 10:00 p.m. and then will continue from 5:45a.m.-ish until one hour before the start time. It may be repeated many times in this period. If no one has accepted it by then, it becomes a fail-to-fill. If an assignment doesn’t get called in until 8:00 a.m. and the job starts at 8:40, it may not get called out many times. There is no ‘3 calls to a Fail-to-Fill’!
2. If Subfinder calls a person for three jobs in one calling period and that person declines three times, it will not call that individual again during that calling period. It resets itself for the next calling period, which could be the afternoon or evening calling period and the person will be re-added to the list at that time.
3. We are asked not to just hang up if we don’t want to take an assignment. Hanging up actually reduces the efficiency of Subfinder. Declining a position allows it to move onto the next person faster.
4. People who are working in the morning only, for example, may get calls when they are unable to take them. If there is a need for afternoon OTs, SF does not know that someone is in a classroom for the morning only, if they have been listed as available for the day. Members are advised to call F2F at the Nutrition Break or during a Planning Time if they want to try and get an afternoon assignment if they think there may be F2Fs because they have received calls on their cell phones that they have missed.
5. The calling periods for Subfinder are as follows…
- 5:45 a.m. until 11:20 a.m.
- 4:30p.m. until 10:00 p.m…
These times are for weekdays and weekends. The Fail-to-fill line is available each business day beginning at 6:30 a.m.